When it comes to your home, you want the very best.
The Dulux Select Decorators Scheme has recognised this for over ten years by supporting professional decorators in delivering the highest standards of work and customer service. All members are vetted and work to a strict Code of Practice, which in turn means their workmanship is Dulux guaranteed.
So sit back and relax – this professional decorator is a Dulux Select Decorators member. You can rest assured that their work has been assessed and monitored to ensure the highest standards are upheld.
You can rest assured that their work has been assessed and monitored to ensure the highest standards are upheld.
The essential information
Members work to strict criteria and standards that we’ve organised into categories for your easy reference.
• Work is durable and to a high standard.
• Care and due attention is given to preparatory work required for surfaces and/or materials to be painted or covered.
• Adequate protection is provided for surfaces that are not to be painted and furniture and furnishings.
• The customer’s home or premises are left clean and tidy and any debris is removed.
• It must be clear whether the homeowner has been given an estimate or quotation. Please note – a quotation is a binding agreement as to the price.
• Quotations or estimates must be given in writing, should be legible, comprehensive and include a detailed specification of the work to be done. There should be no hidden costs and VAT must be included (where applicable). All materials, labour and clearing of debris associated with the job should also be included.
• Terms of payment (including deposit if applicable) must be made clear.
• When requested, deposits must not exceed 25% of the job value to a maximum of £3,000.
• Deposits are protected under the Dulux Guarantee. Please see the Guarantee section for further information.
• Members must provide a high standard of service. They should be honest and courteous in all of their dealings with the homeowner.
• Members must have public liability insurance of a minimum of £1m in place. The scheme’s administrators undertake periodic independent checks to ensure that members maintain this cover.
• All Dulux Trade products must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
• If you ask your decorator not to follow the manufacturer’s product specification for whatever reason and they are prepared to undertake the work on that basis, the Dulux Guarantee will become invalid.