TrustMark is the Government backed initiative, supported by the building industry and consumer protection organizations, that helps householders find reliable and trustworthy tradesmen to carry out repair and improvements to the inside and outside of their homes – from builders and plumbers to roofing specialists and landscape gardeners.
• A firms technical skills have been independently checked through regular
on-site inspections, as well checks on their trading records and
• The firm has signed up to a code of practice that includes insurance,
good health and safety practices and customer care;
• The approved scheme operator has checked and will continue to monitor
their quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction;
• The firm will tell you about any building regulations you must meet and
may be able to give you the certificates you need
• If you have a problem or disagreement with the firm, there will be a clear
and user-friendly complaints procedure to help sort out the problem;
• If the firm doesn't automatically provide insurance cover you will have the
option to buy a warranty.
Using the TrustMark website: www.trustmark.org.uk people can search the list of approved organisations, which have nearly 14,000 TrustMark registered tradesmen on their books.
If a firm displays our TrustMark logo you know that a trade association or other certification organisation that we have approved has checked the firm and found that it meets certain standards set by the Government.
TrustMark is still new, but we have awarded licences to a range of scheme operators who cover many of the trades you might be looking for – from builders, plumbers, electricians and glaziers, to painters and decorators, roofers, landscape gardeners and damp-proof specialists.
New scheme operators are being added regularly, which means that TrustMark will continue to grow to cover a much wider group of trades.
Use our Search facility in the centre of our Home Page to help you find your nearest approved tradesman for the particular trade you are looking for.